Sunday, 12 June 2016

Left To My Own Devices (Shep Pettibone Mix) - Pet Shop Boys


Left To My Own Devices (Shep Pettibone Mix) (1988) (9'30) - Pet Shop Boys.
Written by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe.
Produced and Arranged by Trevor Horn and Stephen Lipson.
Engineered by Stephen Lipson.
Remix Engineer: Goh Hotoda.
Edited by Chep Nunez.
Additional Production & Remix by Shep Pettibone for Mastermix Productions.
(P) & (C) 1988 EMI Records Ltd.

Left To My Own Devices appears on the 1988 album, Introspective.

"We played a rough demo of this [Left To My Own Devices] to 'Trevor Horn' and asked him if he'd like to produce it. At the time he was infamous for spending months on a track to get it right but he came up with a fascinating idea: we'd commission an orchestral arrangement, programme the synthesisers and record the song live in one day! We started work on it and six months later the track was finished..." - Quote from the front CD insert of the 1991 compilation, Discography.

Track listing for the U.S. vinyl pressing of Introspective released in 1988 on EMI-Manhattan Records. Cat. No. E1-90868:

Side 1

1. Left To My Own Devices.
2. I Want A Dog.
3. Domino Dancing.
Side 2

1. I'm Not Scared.
2. Always On My Mind / In My House.
3. It's Alright.

(P) & (C) 1988 EMI Records Ltd.

Check Out More Great Music By Pet Shop Boys:

Left To My Own Devices (Device Mix) (1988) (7'42) - Pet Shop Boys.
Left To My Own Devices (The Disco Mix) (1988) (11'28) - Pet Shop Boys.
Left To My Own Devices (Introspective Mix) (1988) (8'17) - Pet Shop Boys.

Check Out More Great Music On This Blog By:

Pet Shop Boys.
Shep Pettibone.

Check Out the Pet Shop Boys Amazon Music Store HERE!

Record label for Side E of promotional U.S. 12"
vinyl pressing of "Left To My Own Devices" from
the limited edition pressing of 3 x 12" singles,
Pet Shop Boys Club Mixes from the Pet Shop Boys
Instropective album. EMI USA. Cat. No. SPRO#
04242. Image courtesy of Discogs.com

Video from YouTube channel 2009 pet

Thank You for your visit today.