Iron Out The Rough Spots (Extended Version) (1982) (7'31) - Paul Young.
Written by Booker T. Jones, Dave Porter and Steve Cropper.
Produced by Laurie Latham.
(P) 1982 CBS Records.
"I think this is my favourite out of all Laurie's remixes. Iron Out The Rough Spots was the nucleus of the No Parlez album, which was me with a rare old soul song that no one really knows, and I'm going to take it and do a modern version of it. This was influenced by the Tom Tom Club. I wanted lots of little quirky sounds. So it was perfect for a remix because there were samples - one sounded like a little toy train - and I always loved the sound of bass synthesizers, and I think that's quite a strong part of the sound on this record." - Quote by Paul Young, May 2013, from the liner notes for the 2-CD collection, Remixes And Rarities, Cherry Pop Records, Cat. No. CRPOPD128, released in 2013.
Iron Out The Rough Spots appears on the 1983 album, No Parlez.
Track listing for the U.K. vinyl pressing of No Parlez released in 1983 on CBS Records. Cat. No. CBS 25521:
1. Come Back and Stay (Jack Lee) / 4'57
2. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division) / 5'00
3. Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Marvin Gaye, Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong) / 5'18 *
4. Ku-Ku Kurama (Steve Bolton) / 4'19
5. No Parlez (Anthony Moore) / 4'57
1. Love of The Common People (John Hurley / Ronnie Wilkins) / 4'56 *
2. Oh Women (Jack Lee adapted by Paul Young / Jimmie O'Neill) / 3'35
3. Iron Out The Rough Spots (Booker T. Jones / Dave Porter / Steve Cropper) / 4'47 *
4. Broken Man (Paul Young / Ian Kewley) / 3'54
5. Tender Trap (Paul Young / Ian Kewley) / 4'32
6. Sex (Jack Lee) / 4'49
Produced by Laurie Latham for LOL Productions.
(P) 1983 CBS Records except
* (P) 1982 CBS Records.
Check Out More Great Music By Paul Young:
Come Back And Stay (Scratch Mix) (1983) (7'57) - Paul Young.
Love of The Common People (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (5'51) - Paul Young.
Sex (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (6'52) - Paul Young.
Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Extended Club Mix) (1983) (6'01) - Paul Young.
Check Out More Great Music On This Blog By:
You May Also Like:
Wordy Rappinghood (Special 12" Version) (1981) (6'28) - Tom Tom Club.
Check Out the Paul Young Amazon Music Store HERE!
|Record label for Side 1 of UK 12" vinyl pressing |
of "Iron Out The Rough Spots". CBS Records. Cat.
No. XPR 1243. Image courtesy of Discogs.com